Whether you're looking for something fun to do for the weekend or you're visiting Tulsa/Oklahoma for the first time, I compiled a list of things that I enjoy to give you some ideas.
Things to do in Tulsa!
[ 1 ] Tulsa Zoo/ Aquarium
- The zoo is a great place to spend a day. The place is huge so bring comfortable shoes! You can even bring a picnic or eat at one of the restaurants. You might spend 1.5-2 hours at the aquarium. It's not very big but it's a lot of fun. Find where you can pet the starfish, feed stingrays and go through the tunnel of sharks!
[ 2 ] Oilers ice skating
- So I have two places you can go ice skating. This one is years round located at 61st and Mingo. A lot of time you can find discount tickets on Groupon!
[ 3 ] Ice skating in the winter BOK
- In the winter this place is awesome. You can go iceskating at night just wear many layers. It gets cold! They also have cute horse carriage rides and hot chocolate booths. Great for a date night.
[ 4 ] Philbrook museum
- This is a obvious one but this museum is the most. beautiful you will visit in Tulsa. I personal visit mostly for the garden! Visit their website and find the schedule where they have movie nights on the lawn or live music with food trucks come in!
[ 5 ] Admiral Twin Drive in theater
- Just like in the movies, we got one here too! Bring some food, a radio and some lawn chairs, or even a truck bed with blankets and enjoy a movie night. Located right off I-244 on Easton St. Only opened on weekends.
[ 6 ] Tulsa climb
- You're looking to do something fun while also getting exercise in? Even if you think there's no way you're strong enough to rock climb I bet you can do it! Give it a try it's so fun. You'll likely spend about 1.5-2 hours here. Try to fill out your info online and you have to take a quick course before you start in person but it's good because they teach you how to do it. I highly recommend giving this a try.
[ 7 ] Hiking Turkey Mountain
- Along with getting some exercise, this is a great place to hike even with little experience. Many of the trails are easy but if you're wanting the most beautiful trail, definitely take the longest one. It will lead you to and open track that's super cool. Watch out for snakes!
[ 8 ] Hitting up downtown
- I'll be making a whole separate post for this but there are several bars/ restaurants downtown. Wether you're looking for something more relaxing and chill to hang with your friends, or somewhere with loud music, there are several places downtown you can find!
[ 9 ] Comedies at the River Spirit
- Located on Riverside close to the Jenks area, this place is always having some event like live music and comedies!
[ 10 ] Biking in Riverside.
- Speaking of riverside, they have bikes you can rent for free! As long as you return it! You will see those bright pink bikes located at 91st and riverside.
[ 11 ] The Gathering Place
- This place is great for people of all ages. The park will blow your kids minds. They also have indoor areas great for studying or reading. They even have indoor places just for socializing. Some friend's and I even brought board games and pizza there once. They also have a few restaurants, a coffee shop, and ice cream. You can definitely spend a few hours here! Great for a nice picnic and hangout with friends.
[ 12 ] Escape Rooms
- If you have yet to do one of these you need to book one right now. Usually runs about $20 a person but it's worth the experience! If this is you're first time doing one definitely start with an easier room. They're a lot of fun and you'll get addicted! You can do the Safe House or Escape Room Tulsa!
[ 13 ] Pool Halls
- My absolute favorite thing to do it playing pool. My dad used to take me every other weekend growing up as a kid! There's a few places you can do this at. Probably the most popular one right now is Magoos Bar and Billiards located at 51st and Memorial. If you're looking for a more family/kid friendly place, make the drive to Sandites Pool Hall in Sand Springs. Kids are welcomed here but they still have a bar and kitchen if you're looking for a good meal and drink. Seriously, their food is amazing.
[ 14 ] Main Event
- Monday Night Madness. This is that day you will get the best deal to have a good time here. They have everything. Billiards, bowling, laser tag, ropes course, and arcade games. So if you're looking for a fun date, or a night with the kids every age is welcomed here. And yes they have a bar.
[ 15 ] Bowling
- Or if you're just looking for a place to bowl you can hit up Andy-Bs. Located at 81st and lewis great for getting the family out of the house. They also have laser tag and a arcade to keep the little ones busy!
[ 16 ] Pinots Palettes
- One of my personal favorites! They're are a few places you can do this at but my favorite is the one at riverside. Learn to paint and sip on wine. Great for a girls night out. And when you're done, walk down to the Melting Pot or Los Cabos to get something to eat!
[ 17 ] Flying Tee
- This place is really unique. Even if you don't know how to play golf this is a good place to practice. Located at 91st and Riverside is a 3 level golfing building designed to see how far you can hit. Everyone is golfing out into an open field. They have great food and drinks!
[ 18 ] Tulsa State Fair
- Located at the Expo Square is our yearly fair hosted around late September/ October. There are several rides, concerts, and shows on ice, food and drinks! I have done all the rides as a kid, now I normally go for the shopping in the expo building, and all the farm animals they bring in the the Livestock competition shows! Don't forget to get a big turkey leg and funnel cake while you're here!
[ 19 ] Underground Tunnels of Tulsa
- This one is currently on my bucket list. Did you know Tulsa has underground tunnels? And the coolest part is you can book tours to see them! I can't wait to do this one!
[ 20 ] Angryaxe- Axe Throwing
- Here's something you've probably never done before. Did you know Tulsa has places for Axe throwing? It's pretty fun! My work once did it as a group outing. You can try this.
[ 21 ] Purple Glaze
- I took my niece here once and we had a great time! Located on Brookeside Peoria next to the Brook Restaurant you can come in and paint ceramics. Great for kids but I sure had fun myself. There's a variety of things to choose from and paint. Good for a cute date too!
[ 22 ] Mini Golf
- At All Stars Sports Complex is one of the neatest mini golf courses you'll find. It pretty big and very inexpensive! I've been several times and had a great time every time. I highly suggest to go on there more slower days that way you're not waiting around for the next hole.
[ 23 ] Skyzone Trampoline Park
- This place located at 61st and Memorial is great for all ages. It's literally a giant building of nothing but trampolines. Great for kids!
[ 24 ] Safari Joes H20 Water Park
- A great waterpark in Tulsa great for a summer activity. They have slides, lazy river and large pools with waves! It's been several years since I been here. The older generation probably remembers it as Big Splash. We used to get summer passes every year and go almost every weekend and it was so much fun!
[ 25 ] Zip-lining
- Did you know we even have Zip-lining? At PostOak Lodge and retreat you could either book a stay vacation or only book the zip-lining. They have day and night options. Ranging from $79-$92 per person. A little more pricier than anything listed above, but this is a great thing to do if you wanna face you fears and try something fun! I've been zip-lining in Mexico and it was the coolest experience. I'm looking forward to trying this place out soon!
Things to do in Oklahoma!
[ Drive thru wilderness safari ]
- This place about 1.5 hour drive from Tulsa. but it's an experience! Located in Gentry Arkansas not too far for us Okies, is a 400 acre park filled with so many animals. And the best part is the petting zoo area where you can play with baby kangaroos! I lived in Oklahoma my entire life and didn't know about this place till maybe 5 years ago. It's awesome! And while you made it that far you can spent some time in the little town Gentry or Siloam Springs! We usually wait till Siloam Springs is hosting their best flee markets before making the drive down there. You can also hit up Natural Falls State Park on your way home! Great hiking trails and a beautiful waterfall. Make a whole day out of it!
[ Roller Skating in at Skate Rollertainment ]
- You can take the family here, or on Wednesday evenings its adults night only! You can even rent the place out on Mondays for events or parties if you wanted!
[ Castle of Muskogee ]
- This unique place is always hosting some kind of crazy event. My personal favorite is the Renaissance Fair! Every weekend in May they host a festival where you go back in time to England, to the year 1569. Many people dress up for this event! Not just the workers but the visitors. They have several different events, live music, live acts, food and drinks to keep you busy. And a lot of kid friendly activities!
[ Hiking ]
- There are several places to hike in Oklahoma so I will make a separate post for this one!
[ Antique Shopping ]
- So many great places to do this shopping. I will make a separate post for this one as well
[ Frontier City ]
- A western theme amusement park located in OKC about 1.5 hours from Tulsa. They have several fun rides and rollercoasters for a fun day outing!
Thanks for visiting my blog! Brookeosity is pronounced like Brooke + Curiosity combined. This is my Lifestyle blog based in Oklahoma. Here you will read about my love for Oklahoma, how I navigate through life as a twenty-something-year-old, and what motivates me! I write for women like myself who have transitioned to adulthood and are still figuring their lives out.